Take to Tumblr, take to Twitter, grab your cameras, inundate people with questionnaires...find out all you can.
DON'T JUST GO WITH THESE IDEAS - USE YOUR OWN TOO.
Data generated by, but not blogged about (that'll come later), 28TH JUNE.
· Marital status
· Audience category –mainstreamer / aspirer etc.
· Favourite music video of all time and why?
(MORE SPECIFIC MUSIC VIDEO STUFF)
· How? – technological proliferation, online exhibition, TV.
· Where – home / school / socially / outside
· Why do they consume it in this way?
· Amount – how long do they spend watching music videos?
· Institutions used (and find out about the institution)
ENGAGEMENT – IN THEIR PREFERRED GENRE WHAT DO THEY…
· Prefer – genre, sub-genre, artists, (narrative/performance/conceptual), prominence of actual artist, SFX, mode of address (serious / tongue in cheek etc), specific directors that they feel produce good videos
· Expect – A good track, entertained / interesting (gratification theory), cinematography, tone / atmosphere matches, editing for pace, fit conventions of the genre of music video, matching of lyrics to content, synchronicity, representation, costume, lighting, dance routines, colour… (many more)
· Find annoying – (likely to be informed by all the above)
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?
* I'm a...
* I'm a...